In-store and Online Sales
- All purchases of any in stock item at the time of sale must be paid in full.
- All cash purchases require full payment at the time of sale.
- Special Order Items over $5,000 require a 65% deposit at time of sale with the 35% balance being collected 30 days from time of sale or when the item is first available for delivery. A receipt will be emailed to the customer once the payment is applied.
- All online orders are to be paid for in full at the time of purchase.
GIFT CARDS * MERCHANDISE CREDITS
- Gift Cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, nor can Gift Card balances be transferred to a new Gift Card.
- Gift Cards & Merchandise Credits can only be used by the customer whose name appears on the original transaction / account and is not transferrable to a second party.
- Gift Cards cannot be used as payment against freight, shipping or delivery charges.
- Unless otherwise indicated, Gift Cards & Merchandise Credits are valid for thirty-six (36) months after their original date.
- Any balance remaining on a Gift Card after its expiration date will be forfeited and will automatically become the property of Highgate House.
SPECIAL ORDER LEAD TIMES
- Lead times quoted at the time of purchase are estimates only and may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Therefore, delivery times are not guaranteed and do not qualify as a reason for a return, modification, cancellation or exchange.
- Delays such as defective fabrics affect lead-time. If an issue should arise with the fabric of choice – we will be in touch as the lead time is subject to change.
WILL IT FIT
- The customer or Customer’s representative is responsible for ensuring that all furniture fits when being delivered prior to purchase. Highgate House bears no responsibility with regard to measuring or whether an item will fit.
We endeavor to provide the best experience possible for our customers. We pride ourselves on selling high quality products and stand by every product we sell. For assistance with our website or queries about any of our products, please do not hesitate to contact us on (07) 3065 9000.
SHIPPING WITHN AUSTRALIA
Our store and warehouse are based in Brisbane, Australia and we can deliver most items anywhere on the East Coast of Australia. All items will be well packed for shipping.
- If your item(s) can be delivered by our standard services, the final delivery charge for your order will be calculated at checkout.
- If one of the items on your order is heavy, bulky, fragile, or being sent outside the East Coast of Australia, you may receive an error message during the check-out process. If this happens, please change to the “Pick-Up” option and we will be in-touch with a delivery quote.
Most of our items can be gift wrapped. Please contact us after your order has been confirmed to arrange the details.
We make every effort to have all in-stock items shipped within 5 business days during weekday hours. We will be in touch should any potential delays &/or out-of-stock items occur with your order.
AUTHORITY TO LEAVE
Generally, we will not allow a courier or delivery service with the “Authority To Leave” (ATL) without a signature. We are also not able to deliver to Post Office boxes.
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer shipping outside of Australia.
- Highgate House provides delivery of merchandise through a number of different third-party delivery services. Highgate House is only a facilitator between the customer purchasing the merchandise and the delivery service being used. Highgate House is not an agent for either and has no liability with respect to the delivery service. However, in the event an item arrives damaged or incorrect, Highgate House will coordinate a replacement, credit or refund based on circumstances.
- Delivery charges will not be refunded for returned merchandise. If a customer requires a return delivery/pick-up the standard delivery fee will apply. Refused orders are subject to return freight & any applicable restocking fees. Delivery charges are not refundable for unsuccessful attempts (ie customers who are not at a delivery address during agreed date/time or for merchandise, or for orders which do not fit into building or residence) or for approved/pick-ups.
- For deliveries, customers must sign a “Proof of Delivery Note” that ensures that all items have been inspected prior to signing and were received in good condition. Should any item arrive damaged - it MUST be noted on the proof of delivery note. Once the “Proof of “Delivery Note” has been signed stating the merchandise arrived in good condition – Highgate House will not be responsible for any repairs, replacements, exchanges or returns of any kind. It is the customer’s or customer’s receiving person’s responsibility to inspect each item thoroughly at the time of delivery and note any irregularities. Issues found after the delivery service has left will be the responsibility of the customers.
- All items must be paid-in-full before the delivery is scheduled.
DELIVERY POSTPONEMENT & STORAGE FEES
The customer agrees to accept delivery or arrange a pickup within 30 days of the order being available. After 30 days of the order being available for delivery or pick-up, the customer understands and agrees to a 5% storage fee per month for the retail cost of any and all goods until the items are picked up or delivered.
PICK-UP FROM OUR STORE OR WAREHOUSE
- We offer free pick-up for most items at our Albion Store between 9:30am - 5:00pm weekdays and 9:30am - 4:00pm on Saturday. Please call our Albion Store at (07) 3065 9000 to ensure that your items are ready for pick-up. NOTE: Items will not be packed for shipping except by prior arrangement.
- For store or warehouse pick-ups, customers must sign a “Proof of Pick-Up Note” that ensures that all items have been inspected and were in good condition. Highgate House will not be responsible for any repairs, replacements, exchanges or returns of any kind. It is the customer’s or customer’s pick-up person’s responsibility to inspect each item thoroughly at the time of pick-up to voice any irregularities. Issues found after the items have left the store will be the responsibility of the customers.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
The Highgate House Team wishes for you to have the most pleasurable and seamless shopping experience with us. If you have any issues with your recent purchase, please contact our Albion Store at 07 3065 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our helpful team members will assist you in determining the best solution. Any return or exchange will be subject to our Return Policy. The below is applicable for items purchased in store and online with the exception being our Design Services.
- Highgate House is bound by Australian consumer lawand will process all returns and refunds in line with these laws.
- All returns must be received in original condition/packaging and made within 7 days from original purchase.
- Return/Cancellation credits will be issued in the form of store credit, less any applicable delivery and pick-up fees.
- In-Stock Furniture, Wall Art, Mirrors & Lighting (other than accessories & original wall art, see below) can be cancelled or returned for store credit only within 7 days from the date of sale less a restocking fee of 20%, loss of delivery fee, and/or pick up fee, if applicable.
- Accessory purchases can be returned or exchanged for store credit only within 7 days from the date of the sale.
- Bedding such as Quilts, Bed Sheets & Shams are final sale & non-returnable.
- Items sold “As Is,” “Floor Sample” &/or “Final Sale” are not eligible for return, cancellation or exchange.
- Custom, made-to-order furniture is not eligible for return, cancellation or exchange.
- Items sold which are “Custom”, “Made-To-Order,” “Special Order” or “Direct Shipped” to customers from Vendors, Suppliers &/or Workrooms are not eligible for return, modification, cancellation or exchange.
- All One-of-a-Kind items & Unique Finds are non-refundable and sold “as-is” once purchased. These items are unique and may have characteristics of natural products.
DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE OR INCORRECT ITEMS
If your item is damaged in-transit, defective or incorrect, please contact our Albion Store on 07 3065 9000 or email the store at email@example.com. Issues are to be communicated within 24 hours of receipt of the delivery or shipment. Please include photos of damaged item(s) and packaging as appropriate. Returns will not be accepted without prior notification as noted above. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the original packaging if applicable with proof of purchase.
RETURNING BULKY ITEMS
If you wish to return any stocked bulky items including furniture pieces, art and mirrors, you will be charged a restocking fee of 20% and issued a merchandise credit. This is to cover Highgate House's expenses incurred in processing the return. We reserve the right to inspect any bulky item prior to return to make sure it is unused and in sale-able condition. The customer must also pay for the freight to have the item delivered back to our warehouse, and the original freight charge will not be applied to your merchandise credit. We do not accept any returns on custom orders unless goods are faulty or damaged.
REFUNDS (If applicable)
Once your return is inspected, we will notify you that we have received your returned item. If we elect to refund instead of exchanging your purchase a refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 5 business days.